Monday, April 10, 2006

Cuban Chicken Soup
(Sopa de Pollo)

This is a delicious Cuban version of chicken soup, and great for an appetizer or a meal!
Serving Size: 6 -8




Ingredients
6 chicken thighs
1 medium onion (chopped)
1/4 tspn oregano
1/4 tspn saffron
6 cups water
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 pack Goya chicken bouillon
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 potatoes (peeled and quartered)
1 medium carrot
fine soup noodles
1/2 cup lemon juice

1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn pepper









Directions
Prepare the chicken thighs by removing skin, and lightly salting. In a large pot, add the water, chicken, tomato paste, onion, chicken bouillon, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 30 mins. Then add the potatoes and carrots, cover and simmer for another 30 mins, until the potatoes are tender. Add pasta, saffron, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook until pasta is tender. Serve hot in a soup bowl and enjoy!

Shop Now!



More Cuban Recipes

5 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger afrolatina said...

I loved the recipe....I added yuca...and I blended about 1 cup of soup once done and added it back to the soup for thickness...my family loved it....Thanks

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger shellebelle77 said...

I grew up in Miami and moved to Salt Lake City about 12 years ago. I have been missing Cuban food desperately. When we got a cold front today and the temperature dropped into the 50's, I decided I should try making Sopa de Pollo. Because I'm not Cuban, I didn't grow up having this made in my household so I had to look up a recipe... And I found yours. It's absolutely amazing! I have a quetion for you, though. How much pasta are you supposed to put in it? I think I may have put too much in because all of the sudden, there isn't any broth. I'm guessing all the pasta I put in soaked it all up. Anyway, thanks for the wonderful memories of growing up with sopa de pollo!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger happyfamliy said...

Going to try it

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Miami Mama said...

Come back to Miami and visit us! The food is waiting for you! <3. ;)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Cuban Mom said...

Great recipe! I added Malanga,pumpkin and corn instead of carrots! My family loved it! Thanks for sharing!!😊

 

Post a Comment

<< Home